All course bookings are taken through the course providers’ websites or via our new online enrollment system. Over the coming months we are moving away from a fee based programme and most of the courses will be offered at no cost to you. Each course detail information has a link to take you to the place on the provider’s website where you can book your course.
How much courses cost
In the unlikely event that there is a cost (fee) these costs are calculated by an hourly rate so you will need to calculate the cost using the table below of hourly rates.
There are no charges for
• English for speakers of other languages (ESOL)
• access to employment
• family learning courses
• courses leading to an accredited qualification
• Most General Interest courses will now be offered at no cost
Paid-for hourly costs - different rates
The hourly costs for other courses are:
• Royal Borough resident – £5.55
• Royal Borough resident on means-tested benefit – £1.50
• Greenwich One Card holder – £5 Find out more about the Greenwich One Card
• Residents of other boroughs – £6.80
Example of cost calculation
To show you how to calculate a course cost we have worked out the price here:
Course: Still Life Painting .... for example only
Time: 13.30 – 15.30
No of weeks: 6
Costs: 2 hours per day x 1 day per week x 6 weeks x Royal Borough resident rate = £66.60
When working out your costs make sure you apply the right rate to match you.
Courses in this directory are subsidised by the Education & Skills Funding Agency and the Greater London Authority . Not everyone will be eligible to sign up to these courses so you will be asked to provide information to confirm whether or not you qualify when you enrol.